|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity. Streptavidin-Cy3 is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies. The excitation of Cy3 by 550 nm laser light induces a light emission maximum of 570 nm.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin is conjugated with Cy3 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Cy3.
- 0.5 mg/ml (concentration relates to the Streptavidin only component of the conjugate)
- Storage & Handling
- The Streptavidin-Cy3 solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
- Recommended Usage
It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application. The concentration provided is based upon molecular mass of streptavidin independent of any additional molecular mass that might be added by the Cy3 conjugation.
Cy® and CyDye® are registered trademarks of GE Healthcare.
- Application Notes
The average molecular weight of Streptavidin-Cy3 is 60 kD and Streptavidin alone is 52 kD.
- Application References
- Product Citations