- MQ1-17H12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-2, T cell growth factor (TCGF), Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Killer cell helper factor (KHF), Macrophage-activating factor for cytotoxicity I (MAF-C I), Thymocyte differentiation factor (TDF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-2 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which exerts its biological activity primarily on T cells, promoting proliferation and maturation. Additionally, IL-2 has been found to stimulate growth and differentiation of B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, and oligodendrocytes.Product Details
- Human, Cat (Feline)15 Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli - expressed recombinant human IL-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 650™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 650™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 645 nm. The bandpass filter 660/20 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 650™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture2,3: The purified MQ1-17H12 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the Biotin anti-human IL-2 antibody (Cat. No. 517605) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture. For ELISPOT capture applications, a concentration range of 4.0 - 8.0 µg/mL is recommended.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections1,4-6,8, neutralization13, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-2 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kit (Cat. No. 431807) is specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Andersson J, et al. 1994. Immunology 83:16. (IHC)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (IP)
- Abrams JS. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. Unit 6.20.
- Fernandez V, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1808. (IHC)
- Skansen-Saphir U, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:916. (IHC)
- Andersson U, et al. Detection and Quantification of Gene Expression. New York:Springer-Verlag. (IHC)
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Methods. 188:117.
- Raqib R, et al. 2002. Infect. Immun. 70:3199. (IHC)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113. PubMed
- Colleton BA, et al. 2009. J Virol. 83:6288. PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Yeap SK, et al. 2013. BMC Complement Altern. Med. 13:145. (Neut)
- Wu Z, et al. 2015. J Virol. 89:6435. PubMed
- Maksaereekul S, et al. 2009. Vaccine. 28:3754 (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_11147166 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500333)
AB_2563878 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500334)
- Cytokine; 15.4 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation of T lymphocytes, B cells, anti-inflammatory, hematopoiesis, tumor surveillance
- Cell Sources
- T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, macrophages, oligodendrocytes
- High affinity heterotrimer of IL-2Rα/β/γ, intermediate affinity homodimer IL-2Rα (CD25; p55; Tac) and heterodimer IL-2Rβ (CD122)/γ; γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Taniguchi T, et al. 1993. Cell 73:5.
3. Nistico G. 1993. Prog. Neurobiol. 40:463.
4. Waldmann T, et al. 1993. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 685:603.
- Upregulated by NFAT; downregulated by TCF-8 and CIF (colostrums inhibitory factor)
- Gene ID
- 3558 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-2 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.