- dG9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- PRF1, P1, PFP, HPLH2
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Perforin is a 70 kD cytolytic protein that is expressed in the cytoplasmic granules of cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) and natural killer (NK) cells. Perforin is one of the major effector molecules used by cytotoxic T cells and NK cells to mediate targeted cell lysis.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Bovine (Cow, Cattle)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified granules from the human lymphoma cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone dG9 primarily recognizes perforin associated with cytotoxic granules9. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, intracellular flow cytometric analysis and immunofluorescence microscopy5,7, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections1,4.
Does not cross-react with mouse1.
- Application References
- Hameed A, et al. 1992. Am. J. Pathol. 140:1025. (IHC)
- Schaerli P, et al. 2004. J. Exp. Med. 199:1265.
- Watanabe N, et al. 1997. Blood 90:3662.
- Mauad T, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Pulmonol. 38:233. (IHC)
- Barrat FJ, et al. 1999. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:8645. (IF)
- Chen H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591.
- Bryceson YT, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-074468. (IF)
- Wood SM, et al. 2009. Blood 114:4117. PubMed
- Makedonas G, et al. 2010. PLoS Pathog. 6:e1000798.
AB_2566203 (BioLegend Cat. No. 308121)
AB_2566204 (BioLegend Cat. No. 308122)
- 70 kD
CTL, NK (cytoplasmic granules)
- Mediates targeted cell lysis
- Cell Type
- T cells, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Lieberman J. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:361.
2. Trapani J, et al. 2002. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2:735.
- Gene ID
- 5551 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Perforin on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.