- BU63 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- B7-2, B70, Ly-58
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD86 is an 80 kD immunoglobulin superfamily member also known as B7-2, B70, and Ly-58. CD86 is expressed on activated B and T cells, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, and astrocytes. CD86, along with CD80, is the ligand of CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). CD86 is expressed earlier in the immune response than CD80. CD86 has also been shown to be involved in immunoglobulin class-switching and triggering of NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity. CD86 binds to CD28 to transduce costimulatory signals for T cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production. CD86 can bind to CD152 as well, also known as CTLA-4, to deliver an inhibitory signal to T cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- ARH 77 (B lymphoblastoid cell line).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
AB_2728393 (BioLegend Cat. No. 374211)
AB_2728394 (BioLegend Cat. No. 374212)
- Ig superfamily, single-chain transmembrane glycoprotein, 80 kD
Monocytes/macrophages, activated B cells and T cells, dendritic cells
- T Cell activation
- C-Jun, NFκB
- CD28, CD152
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Hathcock K, et al. 1996. Adv. Immunol. 62:131.
2. June C, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:321.
- Gene ID
- 942 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD86 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.