- A161A1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD4, also known as T4/Leu-3, is a 55 kD single-chain type I transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is expressed on most thymocytes, helper T cells, type II NKT cells, and monocytes/macrophages. CD4 is part of the TCR/CD3 complex, binds to β2 domain from the MHC class II molecule, and participates in TCR signal transduction. CD4 is the receptor of IL-16 and is a coreceptor for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and human herpes virus 7 (HHV-7).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CD4 T cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Product Citations
AB_2721518 (BioLegend Cat. No. 357423)
AB_2721519 (BioLegend Cat. No. 357424)
- 55 kD, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, member of the Ig superfamily
Helper T cells, subset of thymocytes, monocytes/macrophages, type II NKT cells
- Part of the TCR/CD3 complex
- β2 domain from the MHC class II
- Cell Type
- T cells, Monocytes, Macrophages, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zhu J, et al. 2010. Annu Rev. Immunol. 28:445.
2. Vignali DA. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:5933.
3. Zhou L, et al. 2009. Immunity 30:646.
4. Singer A, et al. 2008. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 8:788.
5. Zhu J and Paul WE. 2008. Blood 112:1557.
- Gene ID
- 920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- I am unable to see expression of T cell markers such as CD3 and CD4 post activation.
- TCR-CD3 complexes on the T-lymphocyte surface are rapidly downregulated upon activation with peptide-MHC complex, superantigen or cross-linking with anti-TCR or anti-CD3 antibodies. PMA/Ionomycin treatment has been shown to downregulate surface CD4 expression. Receptor downregulation is a common biological phenomenon and so make sure that your stimulation treatment is not causing it in your sample type.
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.