- 9E9A8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Dendritic Cell-Specific Intercellular adhesion molecule 3 (ICAM-3)-Grabbing Nonintegrin
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD209, known as Dendritic Cell-Specific Intercellular adhesion molecule 3 (ICAM-3)-Grabbing Nonintegrin (DC-SIGN), is a 44 kD type II transmembrane glycoprotein and a member of the C-type lectin family. CD209 is expressed on myeloid dendritic cells, placental macrophages, liver and placental endothelial cells. CD209 binds to ICAM-3 (CD50), ICAM-2 (CD102), and Butyrophilin (BTN2A1), and mediates dendritic cell migration and T cell proliferation. Importantly, CD209 is a receptor of HIV-1 and some other viruses (such as West Nile virus, hepatitis C virus, etc), and some bacteria or parasites. It plays a critical role in capturing and internalizing those pathogens. LSP1 (leukocyte-specific protein 1) interacts with the cytoplasmic domain of CD209 and mediates transport of HIV to the proteasome.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Extracellular domain of human DC-SIGN
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry on frozen tissue sections1.
- Application References
- Granelli-Piperno A, et al. 2005. J Immunol. 175:4265. (IHC-F)
- Product Citations
AB_2734323 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330117)
AB_2734324 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330118)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Granelli-Piperno A, et al. 2005. J Immunol. 175:4265.
- Gene ID
- 30835 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD209 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.