- GHI/61 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI M38
- Other Names
- GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, Hemoglobin/Haptoglobin Complex Receptor, macrophage-associated antigen, ED2(rat)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD163 is a member of the group B scavenger receptor cysteine-rich superfamily, also known as GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, hemoglobin-haptoglobin complex receptor, or macrophage-associated antigen. It is a 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein primarily expressed on macrophages, Kupffer cells, monocytes, a subset of dendritic cells, and a subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. CD163 binds to haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex and TWEAK, and plays a role in clearing hemoglobin and regulating cytokine production by macrophages. Membrane CD163 can be cleaved by metalloproteinases (MMP), resulting in a soluble form. Elevated serum level of sCD163 has been implicated in many kinds of inflammatory diseases.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone GHI/61 binds to domain 7 of CD163. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunocytochemical staining, immunoprecipitation, western blot1, and spatial biology (IBEX)6,7.
- Application References
- Pulford K, et al. 1992. Immunology 75:588. (ICC, IP, WB)
- Law SK, et al. 1993. Eur. J. Immunol. 23:2320.
- Madsen M, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:51561.
- Kim WK, et al. 2006. Am. J. Pathol. 168:822. (FC)
- Buttari B, et al. 2011. Atherosclerosis. 215:316. PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562462 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333611)
AB_2562463 (BioLegend Cat. No. 333612)
- 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein, scavenger receptor superfamily
Monocytes, macrophages, Kuffer cells, subset of dendritic cells, subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells
- Clearance of haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, regulation of cytokine production by macrophages
- Haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, TWEAK
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Roth J, et al. 1994 Transolantation. 57:127
2. Van den Heuvel MM, et al.1999 J. Leukoc. Biol. 66:858
3. Sulahian TH, et al. 2000 Cytokines 12:1312
4. Fabriek BO, et al. 2007 J. Neuroimmunol. 187:179
- Gene ID
- 9332 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD163 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
|PerCP anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC,ICC,IP,WB|
|Biotin anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|PE anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|APC anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC,SB|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0358 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0358 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0358 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||PG|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
|TotalSeq™-D0358 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||PG|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD163||GHI/61||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
PerCP anti-human CD163
Purified anti-human CD163
Biotin anti-human CD163
PE anti-human CD163
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD163
APC anti-human CD163
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD163
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD163
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD163
FITC anti-human CD163
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD163
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD163
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD163
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD163
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD163
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD163
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD163
TotalSeq™-A0358 anti-human CD163
TotalSeq™-C0358 anti-human CD163
TotalSeq™-B0358 anti-human CD163
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD163
TotalSeq™-D0358 anti-human CD163
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD163