- IIB8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Softag 3
NeoClone Catalog# S0003
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Softag purification takes advantage of the unique properties of a class of monoclonal antibodies, termed polyol-responsive monoclonal antibodies which can be used in immunoaffinity purification. The advantage of the Polyol-Responsive mAb System is that the target protein is not denatured during purification, so it is suitable for the purification of labile, multi-subunit protein complexes. These protein complexes bind tightly to the polyol-responsive mAbs, but they are released under very gentle elution conditions. Additionally, the proteins are highly pure compared to other systems.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 50% anti-RNA Polymerase antibody conjugated resin is supplied in 1X PBS and 0.09% NaN3. The volume specified for each catalog number indicates the volume of resin included.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C until use. Use at room temperature.
IP - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Resin binding capacity is greater than 0.3 mg/mL (based on 28 kD tagged protein). To elute, use TE, 0.7M NaCl, 30% propylene glycol.
- Application Notes
Previously item# S0003 from Neoclone.
This resin is also appropriate for use in identifying proteins associated with the recombinant protein tagged with Softag 3. Softag 3 is an immunoaffinity system appropriate for purifying tagged proteins from prokaryotic expression sources. The epitope (TQDPSRVG) is derived from a subunit of eukaryotic transcription factor TFIIB.
- Application References
- Duellman SJ, et al. 2004. Protein Expr. Purif. 35:147.
- TFIIB is a 35 kD human transcription factor
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Gene ID
- 2959 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RNA Polymerase TFIIB on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.