- YTS156.7.7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Lyt-3, Ly-3
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD8b is the 32 kD β chain of CD8, also known as Lyt-3 or Ly-3. It is a member of the Ig superfamily expressed as a heterodimer with the CD8α chain on a subset of MHC class I-restricted T cells and most thymocytes. CD8 is a co-receptor for the TCR complex involved in T cell activation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse thymocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections.
- Application References
- McNical AM, et al. 2007. Eur. J. Immunol. 37:1634.
- Product Citations
AB_2563948 (BioLegend Cat. No. 126617)
AB_2563949 (BioLegend Cat. No. 126618)
- Ig superfamily, CD8β chain, 34 kD
Majority of thymocytes, cytotoxic T cell subsets
- Co-receptor of TCR
- MHC class I
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1.Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte antigen Facts Book Academic Press.
2. Zamoyska R. 1994. Immunity 1:243-246.
3. Ellmeier W, et al. 1999. Annu. Rev Immunol 17:523.
4. Ledbetter JA, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:1503.
- Gene ID
- 12526 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8b on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.