- DREG-56 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V S056
- Other Names
- L-selectin, LECAM-1, LAM-1, Leu-8, TQ-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD62L is a 74-95 kD single chain type I glycoprotein referred to as L-selectin or LECAM-1. It is expressed on most peripheral blood B cells, subsets of T and NK cells, monocytes, granulocytes, and certain hematopoietic malignant cells. CD62L binds to carbohydrates present on certain glycoforms of CD34, glycam-1, and MAdCAM-1 and with a low affinity to anionic oligosaccharide sequences related to sialylated Lewis X (sLex, CD15s) through its C-type lectin domain. CD62L is important for the homing of naïve lymphocytes to high endothelial venules in peripheral lymph nodes and Peyer's patches. It also plays a role in leukocyte rolling on activated endothelial cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Cattle (Bovine, Cow)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Concentrated supernatant from PMA-activated human peripheral blood leukocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting2,3,9 and in vitro blocking of lymphocytes binding to high endothelial venules (HEV)2. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 304853-304858).
- Application References
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Kishimoto TK, et al. 1990. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:2244. (WB, Block)
- Jutila M, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:1768. (WB)
- Tamassia N, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:6563. (FC) PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Thakral D, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:7431. (FC) PubMed
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Koenig JM, et al. 1996. Pediatr. Res. 39:616. (WB)
- Shi C, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:5293. (FC) PubMed
- Burges M, et al. 2013. Clin Cancer Res. 19:5675. PubMed
- Cash JL, et al. 2013. EMBO Rep. 14:999. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10719092 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304818)
- Selectin, single chain glycoprotein, 74-95 kD
Majority of B cells, naïve T cells, subset of memory T and NK cells, monocytes, granulocytes, thymocytes
- Leukocyte homing, leukocyte tethering, rolling
- CD34, GlyCAM, MAdCAM-1
- Cell Type
- B cells, Granulocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Kishimoto T, et al. 1990. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 87:2244.
- Kishimoto T, et al. 1991. Blood 78:805.
- Gene ID
- 6402 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD62L on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.