- W15133B (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2, Mitogen-activated protein kinase MAPK3/MAPK1, p44ERK1/p42ERK2, p44-MAPK/p42MAPK, PRKM3/PRKM2, ERK
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
ERK1/2 are members of the mitogen-activated kinases (MAPKs) that are serine/threonine protein kinases. ERK1/2 can be activated by a range of extracellular stimuli, such as mitogen, growth factors, neurotransmitters, chemokines, and cytokines, through receptor tyrosine kinases (RTK), G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), or protein kinase C (PKC). Upon stimulation, ERK1/2 are phosphorylated by the upstream kinase MEK on residues Thr202 and Tyr204 and in turn phosphorylate many other downstream molecules that are involved in a range of cellular processes such as cell proliferation, differentiation, motility and cell death.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human ERK1 recombinant protein (180-379 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.5 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Reactivity to Drosophila was only validated with the purified format.
The drosophila homolog of mammalian ERK1/2 is the 43 kD mitogen-activated protein kinase ERK-A.
AB_2617023 (BioLegend Cat. No. 686903)
- ERK1 and ERK2 encode 42 and 44 kD protein kinases and share 85% homology.
Nucleus and cytoplasm.
- ERK1/2 are broadly expressed protein kinases that are involved in proliferation, differentiation, motility, and cell death. In response to extracellular stimuli, ERK1/2 are phosphorylated at Thr202 and Tyr204 and in turn transduce signals to downstream substrates.
- Interacts with ADAM15, ARRB2, CANX, DAPK1, HSF4, IER3, MAP2K1/MEK1, MORG1, NISCH, SGK1, TPR, CDKN2AIP, PEA15, and MKNK2.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Futran AS, et al. 2013. Curr. Biol. 23:R972.
2. Mendoza MC, et al. 2011. Trends Biochem. Sci. 36:320.
3. Chambard JC, et al. 2007. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1773:1299.
4. Roux PP, et al. 2004. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 68:320.
5. Torii S, et al. 2004. J. Biochem. 136:557.
6. Clark EA, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:14814.
- Gene ID
- 5595 View all products for this Gene ID 5594 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ERK1/2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.