- P4G7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Polyubiquitin-C, Polyubiquitin B, RPS 27A, RPS27A, UBA 52, UBA 80, UBA52, UBA80, UBB, UBC, UBCEP 1, UBCEP 2, UBCEP1, UBCEP2, Ubiquitin, ubiquitin B
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Ubiquitin is a small (8.5 kD) regulatory protein that is ubiquitously expressed in tissues of eukaryotic organisms. There are four genes in the human genome that produce ubiquitin; UBB, UBC, UBA52 and RPS27A. UBA52 and RPS27A genes code for a single copy of ubiquitin fused to the ribosomal proteins L40 and S27a, respectively. The UBB and UBC genes code for polyubiquitin precursor proteins.
Ubiquitination is a post-translational modification where a ubiquitin subunit is attached to a protein. Addition of ubiquitin can signal for degradation via the proteasome, alter cellular location, promote or prevent protein interactions, or affect activity. Ubiquitination is carried out stepwise by ubiquitin-activating enzymes (E1s), ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes (E2s), and ubiquitin ligases (E3s), respectively. The cascade results in the binding of ubiquitin to lysine residues on the protein substrate via an isopeptide bond, cysteine residues through a thioester bond, serine and threonine residues through an ester bond, or the amino group of the protein's N-terminus via a peptide bond.
Proteins can be modified either by a single ubiquitin unit (monoubiquitination) or a chain of ubiquitin molecules (polyubiquitination). Proteins destined for degradation by the proteasome are usually ubiquitinated on lysine residues K48 and K29, while other polyubiquitinations (e.g. on K63, K11, K6) and monoubiquitinations may regulate processes such as endocytic trafficking, inflammation, translation and DNA repair.
A frameshift mutation in ubiquitin B can result in a truncated peptide missing the C-terminal glycine. This abnormal peptide, known as UBB+1, has been shown to accumulate selectively in Alzheimer's disease and other tauopathies.
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Clone P4G7 was raised against denatured bovine ubiquitin and recognizes ubiquitin, polyubiquitin, and ubiquitin-conjugated proteins.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
P4G7 is equivalent to MAb P4D1. The ubiquitin protein is extremely well conserved and thus the antibody has extensive species cross-reactivity from yeast to human. This antibody was specifically developed to detect ubiquitin and ubiquitin-substrate conjugates by immunoblotting.
- Application References
AB_2861084 (BioLegend Cat. No. 838711)
AB_2861085 (BioLegend Cat. No. 838712)
- Ubiquitin is a 76 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 8.5 kD.
Found in almost all tissues of eukaryotic organisms
- Regulatory protein
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Autophagosome Markers
- Antigen References
- Gene ID
- 7316 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ubiquitin on UniProt.org
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Ubiquitin||P4G7||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Ubiquitin||P4G7||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.