- Poly19087 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Golgin subfamily B member 1, macrogolgin, golgi integral membrane protein 1, 372 kD Golgi complex-associated protein, golgin B1, golgi integral membrane protein, golgi autoantigen, golgin subfamily b, macrogolgin (with transmembrane signal), 1
Covance Catalog# A488-114L
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Giantin is a membrane-inserted component of the cis and medial Golgi with a large rod-like cytoplasmic domain. This antibody serves as an excellent marker for the Golgi complex in mammalian cells.Product Details
- Human, Monkey, Mouse, Rat, Canine
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This polyclonal antibody was raised against the N-terminus, residues 1-469, of human giantin.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 50% glycerol + 2mM Sodium Azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a dilution range of 1:250 - 1:1000 is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and immunocytochemistry (ICC).
*Predicted MW = 367 kD
Western transfer should be conducted in the presence of 0.1% SDS. After transfer, rinse blot with 50% MeOH to remove any residual SDS.
This antibody is covalently coupled to Alexa Fluor® 488 to generate a one-step staining reagent; no secondary antibody detection is required. Alexa Fluor® 488 is an excellent alternative to fluorescein (FITC) dyes.
- Application References
- Linstedt AD, Hauri HP. 1993. Mol Biol Cell. 4:679.
- Kong S, et al. 2013. Cell Res. 23:835. (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565089 (BioLegend Cat. No. 908701)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.