- AER-37 (CRA-1) (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- FceRIa, FceRI-a, FceRI-alpha, FceRI alpha, high affinity IgE receptor
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
High affinity IgE receptor (FcεRI) plays a key role in IgE-mediated allergic immune response. FcεRI is a tetrameric receptor complex, which is composed of one α-subunit (FcεRIα), one β-subunit, and two γ-subunits. FcεRIα directly binds IgE with high affinity, while the β- and γ-chains are responsible for mediating intracellular signals. FcεRIα is a 50 kD transmembrane protein with Ig superfamily structure. It is primarily found on mast cells and basophils. Further studies have indicated that FcεRIα is also expressed on many inflammatory cells including cutaneuos Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, monocytes of patients with allergic disorders, platelets, bronchial epithelial cells, eosinophils produced in hypereosinophilic syndrome, and neutrophils from allergy-induced asthma patients.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Activ - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone AER-37 (CRA-1) has been reported to bind the receptor even in the presence of IgE.4
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yamaguchi M, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5455.
- Suzukawa M, et al. 2005. Int. Immunol. 17:1249.
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Yamaguchi M, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5455.
AB_2819962 (BioLegend Cat. No. 334647)
AB_2819963 (BioLegend Cat. No. 334648)
- Ig superfamily, 50 kD
Mast cells, basophils, cutaneuos Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, and monocytes from the patients with allergic disorders, platelets, bronchial epithelial cells, eosinophils from hypereosinophilic syndrome, neutrophils from allergic asthmatic patients
- Bind IgE, trigger IgE-mediated allergic response
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Langerhans cells, Mast cells, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Riske F, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:11245
2. Gounni AS, et al. 2001. FASEB J. 15:940.
3. Maurer D, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 157:607
4. Maurer d, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 179:745
5. Campbell AM, et al. 1998. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 19:92.
- Gene ID
- 2205 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FcepsilonRIalpha on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human FcεRIα
Biotin anti-human FcεRIα
FITC anti-human FcεRIα
PE anti-human FcεRIα
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human FcεRIα
PerCP anti-human FcεRIα
APC anti-human FcεRIα
Pacific Blue™ anti-human FcεRIα
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human FcεRIα
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human FcεRIα
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human FcεRIα
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human FcεRIα
Direct-Blot™ HRP anti-human FcεRIα
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human FcεRIα
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human FcεRIα
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human FcεRIα
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human FcεRIα
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human FcεRIα
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human FcεRIα
TotalSeq™-A0352 anti-human FcεRIα
TotalSeq™-C0352 anti-human FcεRIα
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human FcεRIα
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human FcεRIα
TotalSeq™-B0352 anti-human FcεRIα
TotalSeq™-D0352 anti-human FcεRIα