- 15-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MMR (macrophage mannose receptor), MR (mannose receptor), CD206, MRC1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Macrophage mannose receptor (MMR) is a 162-175 kD type I membrane protein also known as CD206, MRC1, or mannose receptor (MR). It is a pattern recognition receptor (PRR) that belongs to C-type lectin superfamily. MMR is expressed on macrophages, dendritic cells, and hepatic or lymphatic endothelial cells, but not on monocytes. MMR recognizes a range of microbial carbohydrates bearing mannose, fucose, or N-acetyl glucosamine. MMR mediates endocytosis and phagocytosis, induces activation of macrophages and antigen presentation, plays an important role in host defense, and provides a link between innate and adaptive immunity.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified human mannose receptor
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
WB, ICC, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The 15-2 antibody blocks the interaction of MMR with its ligand, and inhibits mannose receptor-mediated degradation of t-PA by macrophages. Additional reported applications of this antibody (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, blocking of ligand binding1,2, immunofluorescence3, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections1. The Utra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 321149 and 321150).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Noorman F, et al. 1997. J. Leukocyte Biol. 61:63. (WB, IHC, Block)
- Barrett-Bergshoeff M, et al. 1997. Thromb Haemost. 77:718. (Block)
- Kato M, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:6052. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2819951 (BioLegend Cat. No. 321149)
AB_2819952 (BioLegend Cat. No. 321150)
- Type I membrane protein, Pattern Recognition Receptor (PRR) family, C-type lectin superfamily, 162-175 kD
Macrophages, dendritic cells, hepatic and lymphatic endothelial cells
- Pathogen binding, facilitate phagocytosis and endocytosis, macrophage activation and antigen presentation
- Mannose, fucose, N-acetyl glucosamine
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Mason D, et al. Eds. 2002. Leukocyte Typing VII. Oxford University Press. p303
2. Wileman TE, et al. 1986. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 83:2501.
3. Apostolopoulos V and McKenzie IF. 2001. Curr. Mol. Med. 1:469.
4. Le Cabec V, et al. 2005. J. Leukocyte Biol. 77:934.
5. Barrett-Bergshoeff M, et al. 1997. Thromb. Haemostatis 77:718.
- Gene ID
- 4360 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD206 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD206 (MMR)
FITC anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
APC anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Purified anti-human CD206 (MMR) (Maxpar® Ready)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
TotalSeq™-B0205 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
TotalSeq™-C0205 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
TotalSeq™-A0205 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD206 (MMR)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD206 (MMR)
Biotin anti-human CD206 (MMR)