- Other Names
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-basic, bFGF, FGF-2, Heparin-binding growth factor
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Fibroblast growth factor-basic (FGF-b, FGF-2) is a heparin-binding growth factor which belongs to a family of Fibroblast Growth Factors (FGFs). FGF family members share 35-60% amino acid sequence homology and are highly conserved among species. FGF-basic has been isolated from neural, pituitary, adrenal cortex, and placental tissues. Human FGF-basic is a 17.2 kD protein containing 154 amino acids. Other isofoms (22, 22.5, 24 and 34 kD) have also been reported with distinct intracellular localizations and functions. FGFs are involved in many physiological and pathological processes including embryonic development, neuronal outgrowth, angiogenesis and malignant transformation. FGF-basic is essential for the development and maintenance of vascular integrity during embryogenesis and is also a major angiogenic factor involved in wound healing, cardiovascular disease and tumor neovascularization.Product Details
- Lyophilized in 0.22µm filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA.
- ELISA Standard 4-Pack contains four vials of recombinant human FGF-basic at >5 ng per vial. Recommended for ELISA application only. Standards are calibrated against a BioLegend Master Calibrator.
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 500 pg/ml to 8 pg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This FGF-basic protein is useful as a standard for a human FGF-basic sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled BHFB15 antibody (Cat. No. 514801/514802) for capture and biotinylated JKFb-2 antibody (catalog 508702) for detection.
- Modulator of cell proliferation, motility, differentiation, angiogenesis; affinity for heparin; associated with ECM
- Cell Sources
- Human FGF-basic, amino acids Ala144-Ser288 (Accession # NM_002006) was expressed in E. coli.
- Cell Targets
- Fibroblasts, myoblasts, osteoblasts, neuronal cells, endothelial cells, keratinocytes, chondrocytes, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, smooth muscle
- FGFR-1 (flg); FGFR-2 (bek, K-sam); FGFR-4 (flg-2); low affinity coreceptor heparin sulfate and heparin sulfate proteoglycans required for full activity
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Released after tissue injuries and during inflammatory processes
- Gene ID
- 2247 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FGF-basic on UniProt.org