- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Protein DJ-1, DJ1, oncogene DJ1, PARK7, Parkinson's disease protein 7, Parkinson disease (autosomal recessive, early onset) 7, Parkinsonism-Associated Deglycase, HEL-S-67p, epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 67p, GATD2, Protein Deglycase D
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
DJ-1 (PARK7) belongs to the peptidase C56 family of proteins and is expressed in almost all human cells and tissues. DJ-1 is a multi-functional protein associated with mitochondrial function, mitophagy, and male fertility. It acts as an oxidative stress sensor, redox-sensitive chaperone and protease. Therefore, the protein has an important role in cell protection against oxidative stress and cell death. DJ-1 is also associated with prostate cancer, and specific mutations of the protein are linked to autosomal recessive, early onset Parkinson’s disease.Product Details
- Human DJ-1, amino acids MET1-ASP189 (Accession# NM_001123377.1), with an N-terminal GST tag that was expressed in E. coli cells.
- Molecular Mass
- Human DJ-1 is a 189 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular weight of ~20 kD.
- >95% by Licor digital image analysis
- PBS containing 2mM DTT, pH 7.2
- 25 µg size: 0.2 mg/mL100 µg size: Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Stored at ≤ -20°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
WB - Quality tested
Direct ELISA - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Validated in WB and Direct ELISA as coating peptide.
The recombinant protein may also be useful in additional applications such as capture ELISA and Immunoprecipitation. Optimal conditions to be determined by end user.
- Application Notes
Direct ELISA: 2 µg/ml (100 ng/well) Coat Concentration.
WB: 20 ng per lane.
- Human DJ-1 is a 189 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular weight of 20 kD. The protein consists of 7 beta-strands and 7 alpha-helices, and exits as a dimer.
Tissue distribution: Highly expressed in pancreas, kidney, skeletal muscle, liver, testis, and heart. Detected at slightly lower levels in brain and placenta.
Cellular distribution: Mitochondria, nucleus, cytosol, plasma membrane, and extracellular.
- DJ-1 functions as an oxidative stress sensor and redox-sensitive chaperone.
- PINK1, Parkin, EFCAB6/DJBP, OTUD7B, BBS1, HIPK1, CLCF1 and MTERF.
- Antigen References
- Gene ID
- 11315 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about DJ-1 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)