CD31 is a 130-140 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 (PECAM-1) or Endocam. It is expressed on monocytes, platelets, granulocytes, endothelial cells and lymphocyte subsets. CD31 has been reported to bind CD38 and be involved in wound healing, angiogenesis, and cellular migration during inflammatory responses.Product Details
- HEK293 cells
- Molecular Mass
- The recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass between 130-140 kD.
- >95%, as determined by SDS-PAGE Analysis
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- ELISA Standard 4-Pack contains four vials of recombinant human CD31 at >5 ng per vial. Recommended for ELISA application only. Standards are calibrated against a BioLegend Master Calibrator.
- ≥ 5ng/vial
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Determined by its ability to support the adhesion of activated Jurkat cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0 -1.5 µg/ml.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 10 ng/mL to 0.156 ng/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
This CD31 protein is useful as a standard for a human CD31 sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled WM59 (Cat. No. 303102) antibody as capture and biotinylated O92E4 (Cat. No. 536604) antibody as detection.
Note: For testing human CD31 in cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, other biological fluids, BioLegend's LEGEND MAX™ Kits (Cat. No. 443607 & 443608) are specially developed and recommended.
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 130-140 kD
Monocytes, platelets, granulocytes, endothelial cells, lymphocyte subset
- Cell adhesion, signal transduction
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. DeLisser H, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:490.
2. Newman P, 1997. J. Clin. Invest. 99:3.
3. Fawcett J, et al. 1995. J. Cell Biol. 128:1229.
- Gene ID
- 5175 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD31 on UniProt.org