- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Nexin-2, ABETA, sAPPβ ,PreA4, APPI, CVAP, AD1, Amyloid Beta (A4) Precursor Protein, Alzheimer Disease Amyloid Protein
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Amyloid precursor protein (APP) is a cell surface receptor and transmembrane precursor protein expressed in neuronal cells. On the neuron surface, it is involved in a neurite growth, adhesion, and axonogenesis (1). It also participates in transcriptional regulation through protein-protein interactions. While the APP695 isoform is predominantly expressed in neurons, the APP751 and APP770 are found in non-neuronal cells. APP751 and APP770 both contain a Kunitz serine protease inhibitor domain and show identity to protease nexin-II (2). APP can be cleaved by α-, β-, and γ- secretases to generate soluble peptides with a host of different characteristics, including antimicrobial properties (3). The peptides formed from β- and γ- secretase cleavage consist of soluble APP beta and β-amyloid, which is the major component of plaque in Alzheimer’s disease. The soluble beta form of APP has been identified as a ligand for death receptor 6 (4). Soluble APP770 has been considered as a biomarker candidate of acute coronary syndrome. Plasma levels of sAPP770 are high in coronary arteria disease and these levels correlate with soluble form of CD40L a biomarker for platelet activation.Product Details
- Human APP770 (soluble beta form), amino acid (Leu18 - Met671) (Accession: P05067), with an N-terminal 9His tag, was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 695 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 78.4 kD. The protein migrates at approximately 80 - 90 kD by SDS-PAGE in both DTT-reduced and non-reduced conditions. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is His.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in pH 7.2, PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method
- 25 µg size is bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2ᵒC and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Human APP770 activity is measured by its ability to inhibit trypsin enzyme activity. The ED50 of inhibition is 0.16 – 0.8 nM.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Vascular endothelial cells, brain endothelial cells, activated platelets
- Apoptotic signals, inflammatory cytokines enhance soluble APP770 secretion from endothelial cells.
- Caspase-3, DR6, matriptase interacts with APP770, APP751, and APP695
- APP770 interacts with the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP)
- Inhibition of trypsin proteolytic activity
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cardiovascular Biology, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- APP/β-Amyloid, APP/Aβ Degradation, Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- d’Uscio LV, He T, Katusic ZS, 2017. Physiology. 32:20.
- Van Nostrand WE, et al, 1989. Nature. 341:546.
- Haass C, 2004. EMBO J. 23:483.
- Nikolaev A, et al., 2009. Nature. 457:981.
- Kinoshita A, et al, 2001. J Neurosci. 21:8354.
- Kitazume S, et al. 2012. J Biol Chem. 287:40817.
- Lanchec E, et al. J Biol Chem. 292:20669.
- Miura S, et al. 2020. J Biol Chem. 295:13194.
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about APP770 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)