- Poly19099 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Myosin-10, NMMHC-B, myosin heavy chain 10, nonmuscle myosin heavy chain-B, nonmuscle myosin heavy chain IIB, cellular myosin heavy chain, type B type B
Covance Catalog# PRB-445P
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Non-muscle Myosin Heavy Chain II-B is a member of the myosin superfamily. There are three isoforms of myosin II, called myosin IIA, myosin IIB and myosin IIC. These proteins are involved in cell motility, maintenance of cell shape, and cytokinesis. Each type of myosin II protein consists of two heavy chains and four light chains. The heavy chains each have two parts: a myosin head-like domain and a tail region. The head region interacts with actin, a protein that is important for cell movement and shape. The long tail region interacts with other proteins, including the tail regions of other myosin proteins.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Rodent
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against the peptide SDVNETQPPQSE corresponding to the C-terminus of nonmuscle myosin heavy chain isoform B (MHC-B).
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
IHC-P, IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml (1:1000 - 1:2000). For immunocytochemistry, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml (1:500 - 1:2000). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF).
*Predicted MW = 200 kD
Positive Control: human smooth muscle
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ma X, et al. 2007. Mol Biol Cell. 18:2305. (IF)
- Golomb E, et al. 2004. J Biol Chem. 279:2800. (WB, IF)
- Song J, et al. 2001. Mol Cell Neurosci. 17:624.
- Kelley CA, et al. 1996. J Cell Biol. 134:675.
- Kelley CA, et al. 1995. J Biol Chem. 270:1395.
- Phillips CL, et al. 1995. J Muscl Res Cell Motil. 16:379.
- Skau CT, et al. 2015. PNAS. 112:2447. PubMed
- Wang H, et al. 2008. J. Cell Biol. 182: 1171. (ICC, WB) PubMed
- Hirota Y, et al. 2010. Development. 137: 3037. (IF) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2749903 (BioLegend Cat. No. 909902)
AB_2565101 (BioLegend Cat. No. 909901)
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.