- Poly19098 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Myosin-9, NMMHC-A, MYH9 variant protein, myosin heavy chain 9, non-muscle myosin heavy chain A, cellular myosin heavy chain, type A, non-muscle myosin heavy polypeptide 9
Covance Catalog# PRB-440P
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Non-muscle Myosin Heavy Chain II-A is a member of the myosin superfamily. There are three forms of myosin II, called myosin IIA, myosin IIB and myosin IIC. These proteins are involved in cell motility, maintenance of cell shape, and cytokinesis. Each type of myosin II protein consists of two heavy chains and four light chains. The heavy chains each have two parts: a myosin head-like domain and a tail region. The head region interacts with actin, a protein that is important for cell movement and shape. The long tail region interacts with other proteins, including the tail regions of other myosin proteins.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Rodent, Bovine
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against the peptide GKADGAEAKPAE corresponding to the C-terminus of human nonmuscle myosin heavy chain isoform A (MHC-A, NMHC IIA, Myosin-9).
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 2.0 µg per ml (1:500 - 1:1000 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 1.0 μg/ml (1:500 - 1:1000 dilution) is recommended. The recommended usage for this polyclonal antibody may vary from lot to lot. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and immunofluorescence (IF).
*Predicted MW = 200 kD
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hirota Y, et al.. 2010. Development 137: 3037. (IF) PubMed
- Ma X, et al. 2007. Mol Biol Cell. 18:2305. (IF)
- Golomb E, et al. 2004. J Biol Chem. 279:2800. (WB, IF)
- Song J, et al. 2001. Mol Cell Neurosci. 17:624.
- Kelley CA, et al. 1996. J Cell Biol. 134:675.
- Kelley CA, et al. 1995. J Biol Chem. 270:1395.
- Wang H, et al. 2008. J. Cell Biol. 182: 1171. (ICC, WB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2734686 (BioLegend Cat. No. 909802)
AB_2565100 (BioLegend Cat. No. 909801)
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.