- BL28556 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Protein Wnt-3a
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Wnt3a, one of Wnt family members, plays a key role in carcinogenesis. Studies have shown that Wnt3a can both promote and suppress cancer progression depending on the cancer type. Mechanistically, Wnt3a activates downstream signaling pathways in a canonical manner by binding to its receptor Frizzled (Fz) and co-receptor lipoprotein receptor-related proteins 5/6 (LRP5/6), which ultimately promote nuclear translocation of the transcription factor b-catenin. Wnt3A is also involved in non-oncogenic pathways. It modulates brain-derived insulin by increasing NeuroD1 expression levels. Following traumatic brain injury, Wnt3A secreted by mesenchymal stem cell was shown to be neuroprotective and promote neurocognitive recovery.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.01 M PBS, pH 7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2801210 (BioLegend Cat. No. 855601)
- Wnt3A has 2 isoforms. Isoform 1 is a 352 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~40 kD. Isoform 2 is a 385 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~43 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Lung, placenta, carcinoma tissues (breast cancer, colon cancer, gastric cancer, leukemia, and liver cancer).
Cellular distribution: Plasma membrane, cytosol, and extracellular.
- Wnt3a plays crucial role in carcinogenesis of various tissue types.
- Wnt3a binds to its receptor Frizzled (Fz) and co-receptor lipoprotein receptor-related proteins 5/6 (LRP5/6), and activates the canonical Wnt signaling pathway.
- Receptor: Frizzled (Fz); Coreceptor: Lipoprotein receptor-related proteins LRP5/6
- Biology Area
- Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Antigen References
- Lu, C. et al. 2017. Int. J. Oncol. 51(4):1135-1145.
- He, S. et al. 2015. Chin. J. Cancer. 34(12):554-62.
- Chen D, et al. 2014. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 7(4), 1359–1368.
- Gene ID
- 89780 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Wnt3A on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.