- W18094A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Stromal Interaction Molecule 1, GOK, IMD10, TAM1, STRMK
- Rat IgG2b, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Stromal Interaction Molecule 1, or STIM1 is a single pass transmembrane, resident ER protein that facilitates extracellular calcium uptake following the depletion of intracellular stores. STIM1 directly senses loss of ER-lumenal calcium via an EF hand domain; elevated ER calcium levels stimulate redistribution of STIM1 to close proximity to the plasma mebrane, where it activates ORAI1, a pore component of the store-operated calcium entry system.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human STIM1 protein corresponding to amino acid residues 436-685
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
When testing W18094A testing for ICC, we observed poor staining of PFA-fixed cells that were permeabilized with methanol.
When testing W18094A for WB, a minor non-specific band of ~50 kD was observed by WB at higher antibody concentrations.
AB_2814470 (BioLegend Cat. No. 621701)
AB_2814471 (BioLegend Cat. No. 621702)
- STIM1 is a 685 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 77 kD.
ER Membrane/Ubiquitously expressed
- Calcium sensing and uptake
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Innate Immune Signaling, Ions Channels
- Antigen References
- Roos J, et al. 2005. J. Cell Biol. 169:435.
- Peinelt C, et al. 2006. Nat Cell Biol. 8:771.
- Baba Y, et al. 2006. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 103:16704.
- Gene ID
- 6786 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STIM1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.