- DB-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF), IFN-g, IFN-gamma
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells. The DB-1 antibody reacts with rat and mouse interferon-gamma (IFN-γ). The DB-1 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IFN-γ. The DB-1 antibody has been well characterized for ELISPOT, ELISA, intracellular staining, Western blotting, IHC, and neutralization (in vitro and in vivo).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant rat IFN-γ
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ICFC, IHC-F, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, the suggested use of this reagent is 1-4 ug/ml. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IFN-γ recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 8 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. The purified DB-1 has been tested by blocking fluorochrome conjugated DB-1 for intracellular cytokine staining. In order to obtain complete blocking results, a saturated amount of purified antibody (≤ 5.0 ug/million cells) should be used for incubation with target cells, prior to staining with fluorochrome conjugated antibody. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture1 or ELISPOT Capture2: The purified DB-1 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated poly5188 antibody (Cat. No. 518803) as the detecting antibody and recombinant IFN-? (Cat. No. 565701) as the standard. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry5: The fluorochrome-labeled DB-1 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IFN-?-producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Neutralization3,4: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 507808).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, and immunohistochemistry2 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Van der Meide P, et al. 1989. Lymphokine Res. 8:439.
- Nennesmo I, et al. 1989. Brain Res. 504:306.
- Rayner D, et al. 1987. Scand. J. Immunol. 25:621.
- Hartung H, et al. 1990. Ann Neurol. 27:247.
- Bernard I, et al. 1998. Eur. Cytokine Net. 9:613.
- Product Citations
AB_315492 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507801)
AB_315493 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507802)
- Cytokine; dimer; 40-80 kD (Mammalian)
- Antiviral/antiparasitic activities; inhibits proliferation; enhances MHC class I and II expression on APC
- Cell Sources
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. De Maeyer E, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321.
3. Farrar M, et al. 1993. Annu .Rev. Immunol. 11:571.
4. Gray P, et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151.
- Upregulated by IL-2, bFGF, EGF; downregulated by 1-α-25-Dihydroxy vitamin D3, dexamethasone
- Gene ID
- 25712 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org
|FITC anti-rat IFN-γ||DB-1||ICFC|
|PE anti-rat IFN-γ||DB-1||ICFC|
|Purified anti-rat IFN-γ||DB-1||ELISA Capture, ICFC, IHC-F, WB|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-rat IFN-γ||DB-1||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.