- 1B5.H9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- P60, p62, A170, OSIL, PDB3, ZIP3, p62B, sequestosome-1, oxidative stress-induced-like ubiquitin-binding protein p62
Covance Catalog# MMS-5034
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The p62 protein, also called sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1), is a ubiquitin-binding scaffold protein that colocalizes with ubiquitinated protein aggregates in many neurodegenerative diseases and proteinopathies of the liver. The protein is able to polymerize via an N-terminal PB1 domain and can interact with ubiquitinated proteins via the C-terminal UBA domain. Also, p62/SQSTM1 binds directly to LC3 and GABARAP family proteins via a specific sequence motif. The protein is itself degraded by autophagy and may serve to link ubiquitinated proteins to the autophagic machinery to enable their degradation in the lysosome. Recent studies have revealed a novel function for p62 in innate immunity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence corresponding to amino acids 201-212 of the human SQSTM 1 (isoform 1) protein conjugated to KLH.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 10 - 15 µg/mL is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue (IHC-P), immunoblotting (WB), and immunocytochemistry (ICC).
- Product Citations
AB_2728534 (BioLegend Cat. No. 814802)
AB_2564787 (BioLegend Cat. No. 814801)
- p62 (SQSTM1) is a 440 amino acid protein with an expected molecular mass of 62 kD.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Adaptor Proteins, Autophagosome Markers
- Gene ID
- 8878 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about p62 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All p62 (SQSTM1) Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-p62 (SQSTM1)||1B5.H9||IHC-P,WB,ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.