- 4D1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- NF-κB p50, nuclear factor kappa light chain enhancer in B cells p50, NF-κB1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
NF-κB p50 (nuclear factor kappa light chain enhancer in B cells p50, NF-κB1) is a member of the Rel/dorsal family. NF-κB is a transcription factor, originally identified as an activator of kappa light chain in B cells. NF-κB p50, together with another NF-κB subunit p65, binds to IκB inhibitor in cytoplasm as an inactive form. Phosphorylation of IκB releases NF-κB p50 and p65. Active form of NF-κB p50 and p65 then translocate to the nucleus and regulate target gene expression. Bacterial products and stimulation of a variety of receptors lead to NF-κB signal pathway activation. This 4D1 monoclonal antibody recognizes p105 (precursor of p50) and p50 (active form). 4D1 has been validated for Western blotting.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- recombinant full-length human NF-κB p50
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide. Final antibody concentration is 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.025 - 0.5 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence1 on the Amnis ImageStream 100 Imaging Flow Cytometer.
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_315855 (BioLegend Cat. No. 616701)
AB_315856 (BioLegend Cat. No. 616702)
- Member of the Rel/dorsal family. NF-κB p50 is an active form, derived from NF-κB p105, a precursor form.
- A transcription factor, originally identified as an activator of kappa light chain in B cells
- Interacts with NF-κB p65 and IκB
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Baldwin AS, et al. 1996. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 14:649 (review).
2. Chen F, et al. 1999. Clin. Chem. 45:7 (review).
- NF-κB p50, together with another NF-κB subunit p65, binds to IκB inhibitor in cytoplasm as an inactive form. Phosphorylation of IκB releases NF-κB p50 and p65. Active form of NF-κB p50 and p65 then translocate to the nucleus and regulate target gene expression. Bacterial products and stimulation of a variety of receptors lead to NF-κB signal pathway activation.
- Gene ID
- 4790 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NF-kappaB p50 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-NF-κB p50||4D1||WB, ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.