- W16200A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p105/p50 subunit, DNA-binding factor KBF1, EBP-1, Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
NF-κB p105/p50 is the class 1 member of the nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells (NF-κB) transcription factor family. NFKB1 is synthesized as a longer precursor protein, p105, which can be prolytically processed into shorter proteins, p50 and IκBγ. Both p105 and IκBγ proteins contain IκB-like ankyrin repeats that can act as NF-κB inhibitors. P50 protein forms active DNA-binding heterodimers with RelA/NF-κB p65 and c-REL. Stimulation by inflammatory signals, such as TNFα, IL-1, and LPS, lead to the proteosomal degradation of IκBα and result in the translocation of RelA/NF-κB p65:p50 and c-Rel:p50 heterodimers to the nucleus. Subsequently, the nuclear NF-κB subunits bind to target genes and regulate gene transcription. NFKB1 is a key component of the NF-κB signaling pathway and is involved in the regulation of various biological processes including cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, and immune responses.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Mouse, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse NF-κB p105/p50 recombinant protein (232-431 a.a.) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:500-1:5000 diluted (0.1 – 1 µg/mL). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The clone W16200A detects both p105 precursor protein and p50 subunit.
As per the Human Protein Atlas RNA level dataset, Molt-4 cell is expected to have a low level of NF-?B p105/p50 expression.
This clone does not work for IF microscopy application (in-house tested).
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2716155 (BioLegend Cat. No. 603901)
AB_2716156 (BioLegend Cat. No. 603902)
- 968 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 105 kD. Contains an N-terminal RHD domain, 7 ankyrin repeats, and a C-terminal death domain. Can be processed to a 50kD p50 protein and a 70kD IκBγ protein.
Cytoplasm. Translocates to the nucleus when activated.
- NFKB1 belongs to the NF-κB transcription factor family and participates in the regulation of cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, and immune responses.
- NFKB1 p50 forms heterodimers with NF-κB p65 and c-Rel. Interacts with MAP3K8, DSIPI, SPAG9, UNC5CL, CFLAR, NFKBIE, NFKBIZ, NFKBID, MEN1, and HIF1AN.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Lougaris V, et al. 2017. Clin Immunol. 175:99.
2. Cartwright T, et al. 2016. FEBS J. 283:1812.
3. Li SK, et al. 2015. Mol Cell Biol. 35:1619.
4. Voce DJ, et al. 2015. Oncogene. 34:2807.
5. Chang PY, et al. 2006. Cancer Res. 66:6008.
6. Coleman TA, et al. 1993. Mol Cell Biol. 13:3850.
- Gene ID
- 4790 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about NF-kappaB p105/p50 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All NF-κB p105/p50 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-NF-κB p105/p50||W16200A||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.