- SER211 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Homeobox Transcription Factor Nanog, Nanog Homeobox, Homeobox Protein NANOG, Homeobox Transcription Factor Nanog-Delta 48, ENK, ecat4
- Rat IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Nanog is a transcription factor that plays a key role in the maintenance of embryonic stem cells pluripotency and self-renewal in embryonic stem cells. Nanog expression is regulated by other transcription factors such as Sox2 and Oct-4. Nanog also plays a role in epithelial malignancy. Nanog is enriched in cancer stem cells and the ablation of Nanog is sufficient to reduce the cancer stem cell pool.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse Nanog.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
A non-specific band of roughly 60 kD was observed in some lysates during product development testing.
AB_2565914 (BioLegend Cat. No. 678102)
- 305 amino acids wtih a predicted molecular weight of approximately 35 kD.
Nuclear and cytoplasmic. Expressed by embryonic stem (ES) cells or cancer stem cells. Expression decreases with ES differentiation.
- Transcription regulator that plays key roles in the maintenance of pluripotency and self-renewal in embryonic stem cells.
- Interacts with SMAD1, SALL4, and ZNF281/ZFP281.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Hwang CC, et al. 2014. PLoS One 9:e105676.
2. Torres-Padilla ME, et al. 2014. Development 141:2173.
3. Xie X, et al. 2014. Int. J. Cancer 12:2741.
4. Wang ML, et al. 2013. Onco. Targets Ther. 6:1207.
5. Kim J, et al. 2008. Cell 132:1049.
6. Takahashi K, et al. 2007. Nat. Protoc. 2:3081.
7. Yu J, et al. 2007. Science 318:1917.
- Gene ID
- 71950 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nanog on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.