- 13B2A38 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interferon regulatory factor 2 (IRF-2)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IRF2 is a member of the IRF family of transcription factors, mainly functioning as a transcriptional repressor. It binds to the interferon-sensitive response elements (ISREs) and competes for binding sites with the other IRF transcription factors, such as IRF1 and IRF9. Mice deficient in IRF2 spontaneously develop skin inflammation due to excessive activation of CD8+ T lymphocytes. Further, the severely reduced number of mature NK cells in IRF2-deficient mice suggests that IRF2 is required for normal NK cell development. IRF2 contains a latent activation domain that can act as a transcriptional activator and has been revealed to positively regulate Histone H4 and VCAM-1 gene expression.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human IRF2 recombinant protein (151-349 a.a.)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
During PD testing for western blot application, this clone cross-reacted with a ~50 kDa protein of unknown origin when used at concentrations exceeding 0.1 µg/mL.
- Product Citations
AB_2562588 (BioLegend Cat. No. 657502)
- 349 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 39 kD; contains a IRF tryptophan pentad repeat responsible for DNA binding
- Transcription factor, represses transcriptional activation of type I IFN and IFN-inducible genes
- Interacts with CREBBP, BRD7, IRF2BP1 and IRF2BP2
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Hayashi H, et al. 2011. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 108:18766.
2. Hida S, et al. 2005. Blood. 106:2011.
3. Taki S, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:6005.
4. Chung MC, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:56042.
5. Honda K, et al. 2004. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 101:2416.
6. Jesse TL, et al. 1998. J. Cell Biol. 140:1265.
- Gene ID
- 3660 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IRF2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.