- Poly5200 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Stem cell factor, KIT-ligand, Kitl, KL-1, mast cell grow factor (MGF), steel factor (SF), FPH2, SHEP7
- Goat Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Stem Cell Factor (SCF) is initially synthesized as membrane-bound forms of 248 or 220 amino acids, depending on alternative splicing of exon 6. The 248 amino acid form contains a proteolytic cleavage site encoded by exon 6, and it is cleaved from the cell to release an active soluble protein of 165 amino acid residues. Soluble SCF is glycosylated at both N-linked and O-linked sites. MMP-9 plays a physiological role in SCF release from the membrane, and this action plays a significant role in differentiating and mobilizing stem and progenitors cells from the bone marrow. SCF increases the proliferation of myeloid and lymphoid hematopoietic progenitors in bone marrow cultures. SCF/c-kit interaction in mast cells results in mast cell degranulation with release of mediators, such as histamine and inflammatory cytokines and chemokines. Also, activation of c-kit in dendritic cells regulates T helper cell differentiation and allergic asthma. In addition, SCF plays an important role in revascularization of ischemic limbs. Ischemia induces plasma elevation of SCF and thrombopoietin (TPO) and, in lower levels, GM-CSF and erythropoietin (EPO). SCF and TPO induce the release of CXCL12 from platelets, thereby increasing CXCL12 levels in plasma. This results in an extensive mobilization of CXCR4+VEGFR1+ cells (hemangiocytes), which accelerates revascularization of the ischemic limbs. SCF binds to its receptor kit that belongs to the type III tyrosine kinase family, whose members include receptors for M-CSF and PDGF.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human SCF.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 0.5 – 1.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of SCF recombinant protein ranging from 1000 to 15.6 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture: The purified Poly5200 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5200 antibody as the detection antibody and recombinant human SCF as the standard.
Note: For testing human Free SCF in serum, plasma, or supernatant, BioLegend’s LEGEND MAX™ Human Free SCF ELISA Kit is specially developed and recommended.
AB_2561579 (BioLegend Cat. No. 520001)
- Cytoplasm and cytoskeleton.
- Stem Cell Factor (SCF) plays a role in the regulation of cell proliferation, melanocyte differentiation, innate immune response, hematopoiesis, stem cell maintenance, mast cell development, migration, and function. The binding of SCF to c-Kit leads to the activation of PI3 kinase, Src kinase, and several signaling pathways including JAK/STAT pathway (activation of STATs) and Ras/Erk pathway (transmit signals through adaptor protein Grb2).
- Mast cells, natural killer cells, dendritic cells, eosinophils, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, melanocytes, germ cells, cholangiocytes, platelets, myeloid leukaemia cells, and intestinal cells of Cajal.
- c-kit (CD117).
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Lu HS, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:11309.
2. Heissig B, et al. 2002. Cell 109:625.
3. Jin DK, et al. 2006. Nat. Med. 12:557.
4. Krishnamoorthy N, et al. 2008. Nat. Med. 14:565.
5. Ray P, et al. 2010. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1183:104.
- Gene ID
- 4254 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SCF on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-human SCF||Poly5200||ELISA Capture|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human SCF