- 1D10B31 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IL-31, produced mainly by activated CD4+ T cells, is a newly discovered helical cytokine belonging to the gp130/IL6 cytokine family. IL-31 is closely related in structure to IL-6, IL-11, and IL-27. Binding of IL-31 to its receptor activates JAK/STAT, PI3K/AKT, and MAPK pathways. IL-31 acts on a broad range of immune and non-immune cells and thus possesses potential pleiotropic physiological functions, such as regulating hematopoiesis and immune response. Human IL-31 is also involved in inflammatory bowel disease, airway hypersensitivity, and dermatitis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length human IL-31 recombinant protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2563254 (BioLegend Cat. No. 659602)
- 161 aa with with a putative 23 aa signal peptide that is cleaved to generate a 138 aa mature protein.
- Secreted by activated CD4 T cells.
- IL-31 belongs to the IL-6 family of cytokines and plays a role in skin inflammation.
- Binds to IL-31 receptor complex that consists of two receptor subunits, IL31RA and OSMR.
- Cell Type
- T cells, Eosinophils
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. McCandless EE, et al. 2014. Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 157:42.
2. Arai I, et al. 2013. Exp. Dermatol. 22:669.
3. Dai X, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:e67666.
4. Stott B, et al. 2013. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 132:446.
5. Hartmann K, et al. 2013. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 132:232.
6. Baron JM and Lüscher B. 2012. Acta. Derm. Venereol. 92:5.
- Gene ID
- 386653 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-31 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.