- JES3-9D7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-10, B cell derived T cell growth factor (B-TCGF), Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor (CSIF), T-cell growth inhibitory factor (TGIF)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IL-10 was originally described as Cytokine Synthesis Inhibitory Factor (CSIF) by virtue of its ability to inhibit cytokine production by Th1 clones. IL-10 shares over 80% sequence homology with the Epstein-Barr virus protein BCRFI. The biological activities of IL-10 include inhibition of macrophage-mediated cytokine synthesis, suppression of the delayed type hypersensitivity response, and stimulation of the Th2 cell response, which results in elevated antibody production.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Baboon, Rhesus, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS - expressed, recombinant human IL-10
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Validated
- Recommended Usage
- This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. The product is formulated so that the buffer exchange step is not required (steps 7, 8, 9, and 10 in the Maxpar® antibody labeling protocol). Just add 100 µl of this antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter, as described in step 11, and continue with the protocol.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture1-5 or ELISPOT Capture6: The Ultra-LEAFpurified JES3-9D7 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated JES3-12G8 antibody (Cat. No. 501502) as the detecting antibody and recombinant human IL-10 (Cat. No. 571009) as the standard. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Neutralization1-3,9: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-10 bioactivity (Cat. Nos. 501427 & 501428). The JES3-9D7 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-10.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining12.
Note: For testing human IL-10 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. Nos. 430601 & 430606) are specially developed and recommended.
The JES3-9D7 antibody reacts with human and viral interleukin-10 (IL-10).
- Additional Product Notes
- Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Fluidigm Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Gotlieb W, et al. 1992. Cytokine 4:385. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Yssel H, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 149:2378. (ELISA Capture, Neut)
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.20. (ELISA Capture)
- Burdin N, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 177:295. (ELISA Capture)
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19. (ELISPOT Capture)
- Schaerli P, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:1553.
- Jason J, et al. 1999. Clin. Diagn. Lab Immunol. 6:73.
- Akdis CA, et al. 1998. J. Clin. Invest. 102:98. (Neut)
- Stary G, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:103. PubMed
- Mason GM, et al. 2012. PNAS. PubMed
- 12. Smith DR, et al. 1994. Am. J. Pathol. 145:18. (IHC)
AB_2563778 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501423)
- Acid-labile cytokine, dimer, 35-40 kD (Mammalian)
- Inhibit IFN-γ, TNF-β, IL-2 production by TH1 clones; inhibits macrophage-mediated IL-1, IL-6, TNF-α synthesis; suppress delayed type hypersensitivity response; stimulate TH2 cell response; mast cell proliferation in
- Cell Sources
- Activated CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, activated monocytes, mast cells, Ly-1 B (mouse)
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, mast cells, macrophages
- IL-10R (CDw210)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. de Waal-Malefyt R, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:314.
3. Howard M, et al. 1992. Immunol. Today. 13:198.
4. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
- Production inhibited by IL-4, IL-10
- Gene ID
- 3586 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-10 on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.