- BVD2-23B6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor, CSF-α, Pluripoietin-α, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Burst promoting activity (BPA)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Granulocyte/macrophage - colony stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a hematopoietic factor that is produced by activated T cells, B cells, mast cells, macrophages, fibroblasts and endothelial cells. In addition to supporting colony formation of granulocyte/macrophage progenitors, GM-CSF is a growth factor for erythroid, megakaryocyte and eosinophil progenitors.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli -expressed, recombinant human GM-CSF
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
IP, WB - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2-6 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of GM-CSF recombinant protein ranging from 500 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1-6: The Purified BVD2-23B6 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated BVD2-21C11 antibody (Cat. No. 502304) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Neutralization1-4: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human GM-CSF bioactivity (Cat. Nos. 502205 - 502210).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation3 and Western blotting.
Note: For testing human GM-CSF in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. Nos. 432001 and 432004) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Bacchetta R, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 144:902.
- Kita H, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:745.
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams J, et al. 1994. Eosinophils in Allergy and Inflammation. Marcel Dekker New York. p.133.
- Mahanty S, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:3567.
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol.. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.19.
- Product Citations
AB_315211 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502201)
AB_315212 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502202)
- Cytokine; 22 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/development granulocyte/macrophage progenitors; differentiates myeloblasts/monoblasts; synergizes with Epo proliferation of erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors
- Cell Sources
- T cells, macrophages, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, mast cells
- Cell Targets
- Granulocyte/macrophage/erythroid/megakaryocytic progenitors, myeloblasts, monoblasts
- Heterodimer GM-CSFR α subunit (CDw116); β-subunit (CDw131) which is also shared the IL-3 and IL-5 receptor α chains
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Demetri G, et al. 1991. Blood 78:2791.
3. Fan D, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:571.
4. Negrin R, et al. 1992. Adv. Pharmacol. 23:263.
- Synergistic with IL-1, IL-3, G-CSF; E21R competitive antagonist for receptor binding; stored in ECM with heparan sulfate proteoglycans
- Gene ID
- 1437 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GM-CSF on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.