- W18079D (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 4 Gamma 1, EIF-4-Gamma 1, EIF-4-Gamma 1, EIF-4G1, EIF4GI, EIF4F, EIF4G, p220, PARK18
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Eukaryotic initiation factor 4 gamma 1 (eIF4G1), the most abundant isoform of the eIF4G family, is an important component of the eIF4F complex, which plays a role in cap-dependent protein synthesis. eIF4G1 is a scaffolding protein that provides a platform for other translation initiation factors, including eIF4E, eIF4A, and the eIF3 complex. Protein synthesis is promoted in the presence of growth factors and hormones through the stimulation of tyrosine kinase receptors, which in turn activate the mTOR pathway. mTOR phosphorylates 4EBP1, which leads to the binding of eIF4E to eIF4G1 and thereby facilitates the assembly of the eIF4F complex. In addition to the initiation factors, eIF4G1 interacts with poly-A-binding protein (PABP), which promotes the circularization of mRNA by bridging the 5’ cap to the 3’ poly-A tail.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant human eIF4G1 protein (amino acids 101-350)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone recognizes both human and mouse eIF4G1.
Both Triton X-100 and methanol permeabilization produced strong and specific signal in ICC testing.
AB_2814641 (BioLegend Cat. No. 933301)
AB_2814642 (BioLegend Cat. No. 933302)
- eIF4G1 is a 1599 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 175 kD.
- Biology Area
- Protein Synthesis
- Molecular Family
- Scaffold Proteins
- Antigen References
- Hentze M. 1997. Science. 275:500.
- Tarun S, et al. 1997. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 94:9046.
- Gross JD, et al. 2003. Cell. 115:739-50.
- Hinton T, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:1695.
- Gene ID
- 1981 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about eIF4G1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.