- 7A9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CRISPR associated protein 9, SpyCas9
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Cas9 is an RNA-guided DNA endonuclease enzyme associated with the CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspersed Palindromic Repeats) adaptive immunity system in Streptococcus pyogenes, among other bacteria. Cas9 interrogates and cleaves foreign DNA, such as invading bacteriophage DNA or plasmid DNA. Cas9 performs this interrogation by unwinding foreign DNA and checking if it is complementary to the 20 basepair spacer region of the guide RNA. If the DNA substrate is complementary to the guide RNA, Cas9 cleaves the invading DNA. In this sense, the CRISPR-Cas9 mechanism has a number of parallels with the RNA interference (RNAi) mechanism in eukaryotes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- S. Pyogenes
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant S. pyogenes Cas9 Protein (N-terminal 250 amino acids) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICC - Quality tested
WB, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, the suggested working dilution is 1.0 - 10 µg/ml. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2749904 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844302)
AB_2565570 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844301)
- The architectures of Cas9 enzymes define nucleic acid binding clefts to form a central channel where DNA substrates are bound.
- The Cas9 protein from S. pyogenes is part of the CRISPR/Cas9 system of acquired immunity that bacteria have evolved to destroy foreign DNA elements, such as bacteriophages.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Mali P, et al. 2013. Science 339:823.
- Gene ID
- 901176 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CRISPR on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CRISPR Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-CRISPR (CAS9)||7A9||ICC,WB,IP|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.