- 13A9 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CDHN, CDw325, NCAD, N-cadherin 1, Cadherin 2, N-cadherin (neuronal), cadherin-2, calcium-dependent adhesion protein, neuronal, neural cadherin, Neural-cadherin
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD325 (N-cadherin) is important for neuronal migration during development, neurite outgrowth and target finding during differentiation, initial formation of synapses, and synaptic plasticity in mature neurons. CD325 (N-cadherin) is a 130 kD single pass transmembrane protein. Its extracellular region consists of five extracellular cadherin domains and has one cytoplasmic domain. N-cadherin is involved in organogenesis and in the maintenance of organ architecture by contributing to the sorting of heterogeneous cell types and in the cell adhesion needed to form tissues. N-cadherin is expressed by stem cells, myeloblasts, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and also is expressed in neural and muscle tissues along with some types of carcinoma cells. CD325 associates with the cytoskeleton trough catenin proteins.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human N-cadherin cytoplasmic domain fused to recombinant MBP.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-P, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunfluorescence microscopy1,2,3,6, immunohistochemical staining4, and immunoprecipitation2,5,7.
For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 844703) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wahl JK, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:17269. (WB, IF)
- Knudsen KA, et al. 1995. J. Cell Biol. 130:67. (WB, IF, IP)
- Machell NH, et al. 2000. Biol. Reprod. 63:797. (WB, IF)
- Han AC, et al. 1997. Hum. Pathol. 28:641. (IHC)
- Van Aken EH, et al. 2002. Invest Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 43:595. (WB, IP)
- Tian G, et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem. 284:18980. (IF)
- Nieman MT. 1999. J. Cell Biol. 147:631. (IP, WB)
AB_2750044 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844701)
AB_2565806 (BioLegend Cat. No. 844702)
- Member of cadherin family, single pass transmembrane protein, extracellular region consists of five extracellular cadherin domains, one cytoplasmic domain, 130 kD.
Cell membrane, stem cells, myeloblasts, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, neural and muscle tissues, and some types of carcinoma cells.
- Embryonic development, maintain tissue architecture, cell sorting and cell adhesion in tissues, promote motility, cell junction organization, pre and post synaptic adhesion, and ERK signaling.
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hirano S, et al. 2012. Physiol. Rev. 92:597.
- Gene ID
- 1000 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD325 on UniProt.org
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-CD325 (N-Cadherin)||13A9||WB|
|Purified anti-CD325 (N-Cadherin)||13A9||WB, ICC, IHC-P, IP|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.