- Cas11.17D9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Murine caspase-11 is an upstream protease of caspase-1 and interacts with the proform of caspase-1 which in turn activates IL-1 beta. Caspase-11 is not constitutively expressed in most cell types. Its expression can be upregulated by LPS, IFN-gamma, and other pro-inflammatory stimuli. NF-κB and STAT1 were reported to be involved in the activation. Caspase-11 knock -out mice were resistant to endotoxin shock and do not produce IL-1 after stimulation with LPS. Their production of IFN-gamma was also deficient.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- His tagged bacterial fusion protein of p 30 of caspase 11
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): 1 to 2 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schmidt RL, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e45186. PubMed.
- Product Citations
AB_1937283 (BioLegend Cat. No. 647201)
AB_1937281 (BioLegend Cat. No. 647202)
- This murine caspase 11 has pro-enzymes a 38 and 43 kD. The activated form consists of p30 and p10.
- Not constitutively expressed in most cell types, but can be induced by different pro-inflmmatory stimuli including LPS.
- Essential for the activation of caspase-1, thus involved in the maturation of IL-1beta and IL-18. Both are important mediators of inflammation.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Lee J et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:32956
2. Schauvliege R et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:41624
3. Wang S et al. 1998. Cell 92:501
- Gene ID
- 201161 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Caspase-11 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.