- 177.19 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Autophagy protein 5
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Autophagy protein 5 (ATG5) is involved in autophagic vesicle formation. ATG5 forms a complex with autophagy protein 12 (ATG12), which has E3 ubiquitin ligase activity, and is associated with autophagosome vesicle formation. ATG5 detaches from membranes immediately before or after autophagosome formation. ATG5 is also involved in mitochondrial quality control after oxidative damage, the innate anti-viral immune response, and apoptosis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- ATG5 peptide conjugated to KLH.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-P - Verified
Direct ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg/mL in human, mouse, and rat and 1.0 - 10 µg/mL in Drosophila For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.1 - 1.0 μg/mL is recommended in human, mouse, rat and 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL in Drosophila. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 µg per mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Reactivity to Drosophila was only verified with the purified format.
AB_2734618 (BioLegend Cat. No. 847401)
AB_2629668 (BioLegend Cat. No. 847402)
- Human ATG5 is a 275 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 32 kD.
Tissue distribution: Ubiquitous.
Cellular distribution: Vacuole, lysosome, and to a lesser extent mitochondria.
- ATG5 is involved in many cellular processes including autophagic vesicle formation, mitochondrial quality control after oxidative damage, innate anti-viral immune response, and apoptosis.
- ATG12, LC3B, ATG16, TECPR1, Autophagy-linked FYVE protein.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Autophagosome Markers
- Antigen References
- Gene ID
- 9474 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about ATG5 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-ATG5||177.19||WB, ICC, IHC-P, Direct ELISA|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-ATG5||177.19||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-ATG5||177.19||ICC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-ATG5||177.19||ICC|
|Spark YG™ 570 anti-ATG5||177.19||ICC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.