Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity. Streptavidin-PE/Cyanine5 is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies. The excitation of PE/Cyanine5 by 488 nm laser light induces a light emission maximum of 670 nm.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin is conjugated with PE/Cyanine5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml (concentration relates to the Streptavidin only component of the conjugate)
- Storage & Handling
- The Streptavidin-PE/Cyanine5 solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC, ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this Streptavidin-PE/Cyanine5 is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The concentration provided is based upon molecular molar mass of streptavidin independent of any additional molecular mass that might be added by the PE/Cyanine5 conjugation. For immunofluorescent staining, the recommended use of this reagent is = 0.125 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl staining volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Streptavidin-Phycoerythrin/Cyanine5 (PE/Cyanine5) is useful as a second step reagent for indirect immunofluorescent staining, when used in conjunction with biotinylated primary antibodies. The average molecular weight of Streptavidin-PE/Cyanine5 is 480 kD and Streptavidin alone is 52 kD.
- Additional Product Notes
BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy5 to PE/Cyanine5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine5 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wong KA, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 15:180. PubMed
- Qi Q, et al. 2009. Blood PubMed
- Imada M, et al. 2009. Int immunol. PubMed
- Sawa Y, et al. 2009. Immunity. 30:447. PubMed
- Song R, et al. 2010. J. Virol. PubMed
- Abdel-Latif A, et al. 2010. Exp Hematol. 38:1131. PubMed
- De Monte L, et al. 2011. J. Exp Med. 208:469. PubMed
- Xu B, et al. 2012. PLoS One. 7:e44719. PubMed
- Su ML, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:98823. PubMed
- Chen A, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 193:35. PubMed
- Soni C, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 193:4400. PubMed
- Wong EB, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 194:4130. PubMed
- Product Citations