- 100 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- B-Cell CLL/Lymphoma 2 (Bcl-2), Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 50
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Bcl-2 is a conserved anti-apoptotic protein that plays important roles in normal immunity. It forms homodimers or heterodimers with other Bcl-2 family members. This protein regulates apoptosis through controlling mitochondrial fusion and fission. Phosphorylation of Bcl-2 has been shown to enhance activity to allow response to extracellular growth-factor-mediated signals. Bcl-2 is also regulated by IRES, miR-15a, miR-16-1 and RNA-BP nucleolin. Chromosome 18q21.3 translocation and overexpression of Bcl-2 is frequently observed in follicular lymphomas and some diffuse large B-cell lymphomas.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide of amino acids 41-54 of human bcl-2 oncoprotein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pezzella F, et al. 1993. New Eng. J. Med. 329:690. (IHC)
- Pezzella F, et al. 1990. Am. J. Pathol. 137:225. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2563281 (BioLegend Cat. No. 658707)
AB_2563282 (BioLegend Cat. No. 658708)
- Two isoforms, 239 or 205 amino acids in length, with a predicted molecular weight of 26 kD or 22 kD and four ‘BH' domains.
- Outer mitochondrial membrane, nuclear membrane, endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Regulates apoptosis through controlling mitochondrial fusion and fission.
- BAX, BAD, BAK, Bcl-X(L),EI24,APAF1, BBC3, BCL2L1, BNIPL, MRPL41, TP53BP2, FKBP8 BAG1, RAF1, EGLN3, G0S2, and BOP.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Immunology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Antigen References
1. Lin P, et al. 2013. Curr. Hematol. Malig. Rep. 8:243.
2. Tomita N. 2011. J. Clin. Exp. Hematop. 51:7.
3. Kelly PN, et al. 2011. Cell Death Differ. 18:1414.
4. Willimott S, et al. 2010. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 38:1571.
5. Rolland SG, et al. 2010. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 22:852.
- Gene ID
- 596 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Bcl-2 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.