- Other Names
- P40, MEA (mast cell growth enhancing activity), MCGF (Mast cell growth factor), TCGF-3 (T cell growth factor-3
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
Mouse Interleukin 9 (IL-9) is a 144 amino acid, 16.1 kD member of the TH2 cytokine family. Originally identified as a mast cell growth factor, IL-9 has been identified to promote IL-6 and protease production in mast cells that can contribute to the severity of hypersensitivity disorders. These characteristics, among others, have made IL-9 a molecule of interest in studies of hypersensitivity disorders, such as asthma.
BioLegend’s ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). A mouse IL-9 specific rat monoclonal antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells, and IL-9 binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, a biotinylated goat polyclonal anti-mouse IL-9 detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin-horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of IL-9 present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader.
- Kit Contents
- Mouse IL-9 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Mouse IL-9 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Mouse IL-9 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Lot-Specific Certificate of Analysis/ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set Protocol
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 1.8 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.2 - 200 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm filtered.
- Wash Buffer: PBS + 0.05% Tween-20, BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended.
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.