- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Human α-Synuclein oligomer, Human oligomeric α-Synuclein, SNCA fibrillar aggregates
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
α-Synuclein is a neuronal protein which plays a critical role in regulating the trafficking of pre-synaptic vesicles through interaction with the SNARE complex. In healthy neurons, α-Synuclein exists mainly as a monomeric protein. Within a diseased cell, however, α-Synuclein aggregates to form insoluble fibril which is toxic to the cell. In fact, the aggregated form of the α-Synuclein is the major constituent of the Lewy body inclusion, which is the hallmark of Parkinson’s disease, dementia with Lewy body, and other α-Synuclein-related neurodegenerative diseases. The formation and accumulation of α-Synuclein aggregate could impair many cellular processes from DNA repair to the release of neurotransmitters. Detection of α-Synuclein aggregate in the cerebrospinal fluid has been shown to have the potential to enhance the diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease and other α-Synuclein associated disorders.
The LEGEND MAX™ Human α-Synuclein Aggregate ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with anti-human α-Synuclein Aggregate antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated anti-human α-Synuclein monoclonal antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human α-Synuclein Aggregate in cerebrospinal fluid and tissue lysate. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Human α-Synuclein Aggregate Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human α-Synuclein Aggregate Detection Antibody
- Human α-Synuclein Aggregate Lyophilized Standard
- Streptavidin-Polymer HRP
- 2X Reagent Diluent
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Verified Reactivity
- 0.74 ± 0.19 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 3.9 - 250 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Death, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- View information about alpha-Synuclein Aggregate on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.