- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- α-synuclein oligomer, oligomeric α-synuclein, SNCA fibrillar aggregates
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
α-Synuclein is a 140 amino acid protein involved in the pathology of multiple neurodegenerative diseases, including Parkinson’s disease and multiple system atrophy (MSA). This protein localizes to presynaptic terminals in neurons, where it is implicated in regulating neurotransmitter release. α-Synuclein can exist in multiple conformations: monomers, aggregates (formed from monomers), and fibrils (generated from aggregates). These fibrils are the major component of Lewy bodies, which are a hallmark of Parkinson’s disease and other dementias. Aggregates of α-synuclein are thought to be toxic, since they can spread to other neurons and can promote additional α-synuclein aggregation and Lewy body formation. Therefore, measurement of α-synuclein aggregates in biological samples is an important tool for neurodegenerative disease research.
The BioLegend LEGEND MAX™ α-Synuclein Aggregate ELISA Kit is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with rat monoclonal anti-α-synuclein aggregate antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated goat polyclonal anti-α-synuclein aggregate antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of α-synuclein aggregates in tissue and cell lysates (ex. human brain lysates, transgenic mouse brain lysates) and human cerebrospinal fluid. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- α-Synuclein Aggregate Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- α-Synuclein Aggregate Detection Antibody
- α-Synuclein Aggregate Lyophilized Standard
- Reagent Diluent (2X)
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- 44.9 ± 18.9 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 156.25 – 10,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1000 µL
- Microplate shaker
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Polypropylene vials
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- View information about alpha-synuclein aggregates on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.