- Other Names
- Fibroblast Growth Factor basic, FGF-2 (FGF2), bFGF, Heparin-binding growth factor 2 (HBGF-2, HBGF2), FGF b, FGFb, FGFbasic, FGF basic ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
Fibroblast growth factor-basic (FGF-basic) is a heparin-binding growth factor which belongs to a family of Fibroblast Growth Factors (FGFs). FGFs are involved in many physiological and pathological processes including embryonic development, neuronal outgrowth, angiogenesis, and malignant transformation. FGF-basic is essential for the development and maintenance of vascular integrity during embryogenesis.
ELISA Development Systems Engineered for Sensitive, Precise and Reliable Serum and Plasma Cytokine Quantitation
BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets provide all the time-savings, convenience and performance of a high-end, commercial ELISA kit for a fraction of the price! BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets address the need for sensitivity, accuracy, dependability, and versatility of an ELISA development system, while providing maximum cost effectiveness, value, and ease of use.
The ELISA Max™ Set Deluxe is specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumatoid factor.
- Kit Contents
- Human FGF-basic ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human FGF-basic ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human FGF-basic Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Matrix Diluent A (for serum and plasma samples)
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- 7.8 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8-500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized water
- Phosphate-Buffered Saline: 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended.
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended.
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.