Helix NP™ Green is a green-emitting nucleic acid stain. It is impermeant to live cells and thus can be used for the discrimination of live and dead cells. In immunofluorescence microscopy, it can be used as a nuclear counterstain in cells and tissue. It is optimally excited at 495 nm with an emission at 519 nm, which can be detected in the Alexa Fluor® 488 or FITC channel.Product Details
- Helix NP™ Green is supplied at 250 µl per vial.
- 5.0 mM
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store at -20°C.
FC - Quality tested
IF, IHC-F - Validated
- Recommended Usage
For use in viability assays, the optimal concentration can range from 1nM -10 nM. For immunofluorescence microscopy and immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 μM -10 μM. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Helix NP™ Green is a cell-impermeant nucleic acid probe suitable for use as a viability dye in flow cytometry. It can also be used for viability in microscopy on live cells or as a nuclear counterstain on fixed and permeabilized cells and tissues. It is a green-emitting dye with an excitation/emission max of 495 nm/519 nm that can be detected in the Alexa Fluor® 488 or FITC channel.
Protocol for viability staining using Helix NP™ Green:
1. Isolate cells following protocol of choice.
2. Dilute Helix NP™ Green to required concentration. We recommend titrating the reagent to determine optimal concentration for cells of interest. We have observed good results in flow cytometry at 1-10 nM.
3. Following the addition of Helix NP™ Green to cells, do not wash, cells are ready for acquisition.
4. Analyze cells on a cytometer equipped with the 488nm blue laser.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Cell Proliferation and Viability
- Gene ID