- 13A3-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3, Acute-phase response factor, APRF, HIES
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
Tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT3 at Tyr705 occurs in response to LIF, IL-6, leptin, OSM, EGF, PDGF, and HGF. It plays a key role in cell growth and apoptosis through mediating expression of a variety of genes in response to the stimuli.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- KLH conjugated modified synthetic peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:50 by volume. For Western blotting the suggested working dilution is 0.5 µg per ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel.
It is recommended that the reagent to be titrated for optimal performance before each experiment.
- Application Notes
The STAT3 Phospho (Tyr705) antibody recognizes the regulatory tyrosine phosphorylation of human STAT3 protein and has been shown to be useful for Western blotting.
AB_2715801 (BioLegend Cat. No. 651015)
AB_2715802 (BioLegend Cat. No. 651016)
- STAT3 is a 770 amino acid protein of 88 kD. It consists of a DNA binding domain, a SH2 domain, a regulatory tyrosine responsible for binding of SH2 domain, and a C-terminal transactivation domain.
- STAT3 is tyrosine phosphorylated by receptor kinases in response to a variety of cytokines and growth factors. It forms homo- or heterodimer with STAT1 when tyrosine is phosphorylated, and then translocates to nucleus, acting as a transcription regulator. It is also essential for the differentiation of TH17 cells, which is involved in autoimmune diseases.
- Cell Sources
- Cytoplasm. Translocate to nucleus in response to tyrosine phosphorylation.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Akira S, et al. 1994. Cell 77:63.
2. Zhang X, et al. 1995. Science 267:1990.
3. Sanchez-Margalet V, et al. 2001. Cell. Immunol. 211:30.
4. Simon A, et al. 2000. Science 290:144.
5. Hoey T, et al. 1999. Adv. Immunol. 71:145.
- The small GTPase Rac1 binds and regulates activity of STAT3.
- Gene ID
- 6774 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT3 Phospho on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.