- 25B6 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- B-cell CLL/lymphoma 11B (zinc finger protein), CTIP2, B-cell lymphoma/leukemia 11B
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
BCL11B is a C2H2-type zinc finger protein and is closely related to BCL11A whose translocation may be associated with B-cell malignancies. BCL11B is expressed in thymus, mainly T cells. It is indispensable for T lineage development. When BCL11B was deleted, T cells from all developmental stages acquired NK cell properties and concomitantly lost or decreased T cell-associated gene expression. These induced T-to-natural killer (ITNK) cells, which were morphologically and genetically similar to conventional NK cells, killed tumor cells in vitro, and effectively prevented tumor metastasis in vivo. Therefore, ITNKs may represent a new cell source for cell-based therapies. BCL11B is also known to be a transcriptional repressor, and is regulated by the NURD nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylase complex. Recent research suggests that BCL11B is crucial for ameloblasts (the cells that produce tooth enamel) to form and work properly.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Bcl11b
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
ICC, WB - Verified
IHC-P - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:50-1:100 by volume. For western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 0.5 µg antibody per ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. For immunofluorescence microscopy: Use a dilution of 1:200. The optimal concentration should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kosulin K, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:63646. PubMed. (IHC-P)
AB_2686936 (BioLegend Cat. No. 650603)
AB_2686935 (BioLegend Cat. No. 650604)
- 894 amino acids with molecular weight of 96 kD. It encodes a C2H2-type zinc finger protein and is closely related to BCL11A.
- Tumor-suppressor protein involved in T-cell lymphomas. A key regulator of both differentiation and survival during thymocyte development.
- Interacts with COUP1-TFI, SIRT1, ARP1, EAR2
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Liu P, et al. 2011. Immunol. Rev. 238:138.
2. Ikawa T, et al. 2010. Science 329:93.
3. Li L, et al. 2010. Science 329:89.
4. Li P, et al. 2010. Science 329:85.
5. Tydell CC, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:421.
6. Avram D, et al. 2002. Biochem. J. 368:555.
7. Golonzhka O, et al. 2009. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 106:4278
- Gene ID
- 64919 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Bcl11b on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.