- 24F (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- B7-2, B70
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD86 is an 80 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily also known as B70 or B7-2. It is expressed on antigen presenting cells and activated T and B cells. CD86 is a ligand for CD28 and CD152 (CTLA-4). It is one of the accessory molecules that plays an important role in T cell-APC cell costimulatory interactions. The 24F antibody can block the co-stimulatory activity of CD86.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- HTLV-1-transformed Lewis-S1 rat T cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1-3, blocking of costimulation of T cells1-3, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections3. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 200310).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Maeda K, et al. 1997. Int. Immunol. 9:993. (IP, Block)
- Bluestone JA. 1995. Immunity 2:555. (IP, Block)
- Damoiseaux JG, et al. 1998. J. Leuk. Biol. 64:803. (IP, Block, IHC)
- Donius LR, et al. 2014. Immunobiology. 219:440. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_313854 (BioLegend Cat. No. 200305)
- Ig superfamily, 80 kD
Antigen presenting cells, activated B cells and T cells
- T and B cell costimulation
- CD28, CD152 (CTLA-4)
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Antigen-presenting cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook. Academic Press.
2. Hathcock KS, et al. 1993. Science 262:905.
3. Freeman GJ, et al. 1993. Science 262:907.
4. Carreno BM, et al. 2002. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 20:29.
- Gene ID
- 56822 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD86 on UniProt.org
|PE anti-rat CD86||24F||FC|
|FITC anti-rat CD86||24F||FC|
|Biotin anti-rat CD86||24F||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-rat CD86||24F||FC|
|APC anti-rat CD86||24F||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.