- 16-10A1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- B7-1, B7, Ly-53
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD80 is a 60 kD highly glycosylated protein. It is a member of the Ig superfamily and is also known as B7-1, B7, and Ly-53. CD80 is constitutively expressed on dendritic cells and monocytes/macrophages, and inducibly expressed on activated B and T cells. The ligation of CD28 on T cells with CD80 and CD86 (B7-2) on antigen presenting cells (such as dendritic cells, macrophages, and B cells) elicits co-stimulation of T cells resulting in enhanced cell activation, proliferation, and cytokine production. CD80 appears to be expressed later in the immune response than CD86. CD80 can also bind to CD152, also known as CTLA-4, to deliver an inhibitory signal to T cells.Product Details
- Mouse, Cross-Reactivity: Dog (Canine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- CHO cell line transfected with mouse B7 (CD80)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation2, in vitro and in vivo blocking of CTLA-4 Ig to CD80 by blocking costimulation of T cells by activated B cells2-4, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1,4. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 104747-104752).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Harlan DM, et al. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:3137. (IHC)
- Razi-Wolf Z, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:4210. (Block, IP)
- Hathcock KS, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 180:631. (Block)
- Herold KC, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:984. (Block, IHC)
- Ma XT, et al. 2006. Cancer Res. 66:1169.
- Andoniou CE, et al. 2005. Nature Immunology 6:1011. (FC)
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Turnquist HR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:7018.
- Misra RS, et al. 2010. J. Exp Med. 207:1775. PubMed
- del Rio ML, et al. 2011. Transpl. Int. 24:501. (FC) PubMed
- Philipsen L, et al. 2013. Mol Cell Proteomics. 12:2551. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_313126 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104705)
AB_313127 (BioLegend Cat. No. 104706)
- Ig superfamily, 60 kD
Macrophages, activated B cells and T cells, dendritic cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD28 (stimulatory), CD152(CTLA4) (inhibitory)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Linsley PS, et al. 1991. J. Exp. Med. 174:561.
3. Salomon B, et al. 2001. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 19:225.
- Gene ID
- 12519 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD80 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD80
FITC anti-mouse CD80
PE anti-mouse CD80
Purified anti-mouse CD80
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD80
APC anti-mouse CD80
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD80
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD80
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD80
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-mouse CD80
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD80
Purified anti-mouse CD80 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD80
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD80
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD80
TotalSeq™-A0849 anti-mouse CD80
TotalSeq™-C0849 anti-mouse CD80
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD80
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD80
TotalSeq™-B0849 anti-mouse CD80 Antibody
PE/Fire™ 640 anti-mouse CD80