- MEM-262 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T Cell Receptor Vβ5
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The Vβ5 TCR is a variant of the TCR β chain. It belongs to Ig superfamily and is expressed by a subset of peripheral blood T cells and some T cell clones. TCR Vβ5 has been reported to recognize some staphylococcus bacterial superantigens. MEM-262 antibody reacts with a variant of the TCR β chain which is expressed on HPB-ALL cells (known expressing TCR Vβ5.3). But the subpopulation of peripheral blood T cells recognized by this antibody is reported larger than other anti-TCR Vβ5.3 antibodies.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human thymoma cell line HPB-ALL
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, Western blotting, and activation of T cells Vß5 related subset.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Pavlistova D, et al. 2003. Immunol. Lett. 88:105.
AB_528957 (BioLegend Cat. No. 316704)
- Ig superfamily
T cell subset
- Antigen recognition, activation of TCR Vβ5 bearing T cells
- Some staphylococcus superantigens bound to MHC
- Cell Type
- T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Pavlistova D, et al. 2003. Immunol. Lett. 88:105
2. Kappler T, et al. 1989. Science 244:811
3. Fernandez MM, et al. 2006. Mol. Immunol. 43:927
- Gene ID
- View information about TCR V beta 5 on UniProt.org
|FITC anti-human TCR Vβ5 related subset||MEM-262||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.